IMESA SPA is a company operating since 1972 in the field of electromechanical constructions. With a consolidated turnover of 55 million of Euro, about 220 employees and a production capacity of around 1000 bins a year, operates in two production facilities in Italy and Bulgaria as well as having a direct sales network with offices in Rome, Milan and Dubai (UAE).
IMESA has its headquarters in Jesi (AN) and was created as an offshoot of the Schiavoni Group, one of the most important business realities in Marche region who sees in Sergio Schiavoni the founder, already in the 60’ s, now supported by the second and third generation.
In the field of electromechanical equipments, IMESA stands as one of Europe's leading manufacturer of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage electrical systems , MV breakers in SF6 and supervision and control systems, and developed thanks to a long experience in this specific field and is it rooted in Marche region sharing the characteristics of this region: the taste for the work, entrepreneurial skills and innovation, diffusion of knowledge, skilled labor.
From the beginning, designing and building in its own factory, with the " homemade approach " and in accordance with the spirit of hard work, it has been a winning strategy and a guarantee for its customers. The offices and the Jesi factory covers an area of 15.150 square meters divided as follows: 4,000 sqm carpentry department, wiring department 6,200 square meters, 1,200 square meters warehouse, office 3,750 square meters.
Today IMESA boasts decades of experience, acquired know-how, R&D investments, flexibility and attention to the demands and needs of the market, global presence. For all of these reasons, it competes on the global commercial scenario with major players starting from the multinationals companies of the sector.
Despite the complex economic scenarios that have characterized the last years, IMESA is a strong company , which has consolidated its presence in its markets and with excellent prospects for the future.
The long experience added to a substantial recent increase in investment in R&D, enables IMESA to offer a full range of products for the distribution of electricity to domestic and international markets.
In the last year (2015) 59% of the turnover was achieved in Italy thanks to customers such as Enel, Terna, Saipem, Snam Progetti, Technimont, Fincantieri, EniPower, Ansaldo, Technip Italy. While 30.53% comes from non-EU territories (Turkey, Albania, Kosovo, China, Mongolia, Thailand, Russia, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Lebanon, Argentina, Venezuela, Peru ) and 10,47% from EU countries (Spain, Greece, France, England, Germany, Holland, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland).
The sectors in which it operates are:
- INDUSTRY, industries,, engineering companies and the main contractor,
- MARINE & OFFSHORE, cruise ships, commercial and military ships, offshore installations, aircraft carriers
- OIL & GAS, refineries, complexes for extraction and distribution of hydrocarbons,
- POWER & ENERGY, power plants, electricity generation and distribution.
The main IMESA products and services are:
- Medium Voltage Switchboards, enclosed, metal clad, internal arc proof version
- Low Voltage Switchboards ,power center, motor control centers, internal arc proof version
- Switchboards for ships and offshore installations,
- Special panels for significant vibration or shock areas;
- Containerized substations, solutions completely designed, assembled and tested in IMESA ready to be connected with external lines at the installation site;
- The supervision and control systems for power grids and industrial automation,
- Electrical turnkey plants,
- Disconnectors load switches, indoor and outdoor;
- Commissioning, start-up and service.
Tecnosistemi FZ LLC was the first Italian company to be incorporated in the Dubai Internet City in 2002. Later IMESA has acquired the property. The main activities are the commercial development in the Gulf Area, technical assistance and supply of services for ICT. Bulgaria is a manufacturing plant that allows IMESA to be present in East Europe. Also in Brazil IMESA has affirmed its presence in growing offices and a team that works to commercial development of Latin America. During 2015, IMESA has acquired interesting contracts in the Oil & Gas sector also for Northern Europe ships, as well as orders from the UAE in the refineries sector. It has also consolidated its presence in the marine industry, for cruise and oil ships , with collaborative relationships with a leading Norwegian company.
Continuous and fruitful collaboration with Enel, which has chosen the new generation of IMESA panels for the renewal of its distribution facilities. The marketing strategy is based on a strong sales network and the ability to guarantee quality, speed and flexibility, responding to specific customer requirements. IMESA has offices for commercial purposes in Milan, Rome, Plovdiv (Bulgaria), Dubai (UAE) and Cotia (Brazil). Has agents located throughout the Italian territory (Valle d'Aosta, Lombardia, Toscana, Lombardia Direzionale, Liguria, Veneto, Northeast Direzionale , Emilia Romagna, Marche, Lazio, Abruzzo) and abroad in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait , Libya, Algeria, South Korea, Singapore, China and Malaysia. IMESA Participates in the main international exhibitions in its fields: Nor-Shipping in Oslo, SMM Hamburg, Oil & Gas in Rio De Janeiro, Facim in Maputo (Mozambique), Offshore Europe in Aberdeen.
Here there are some recent trade agreements:
- Petrofac, one of the major companies operating worldwide in the services for the oil and gas industry, has chosen IMESA for the supply of electrical panels (33 medium voltage switchgear for a total of 450 compartments) for the Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC ), state-owned company of the Kuwaiti refining.
- Presence in the UAE since 2006 with an operating company of success (Tecnosistemi) and now, with major partnerships started in Kuwait and Oman, expanding in the Middle East. Participation in competitions of turnkey high voltage substations up to 400 kV, including civil works.
- Acquisition of orders for the supply of electrical panels to be installed on military ships for "Naval Law" issued by the Italian Government.
- Acquisition of contracts for the restructuring of ships for the exploitation of oil fields in Egypt. The staff working today in IMESA has technical expertise to develop specific offers for projects, electrical and mechanical design, realization of carpentry and wiring, testing, commissioning and service.
In IMESA Jesi work 59 employees and 108 workers. The technical staff is comprised of 6 electrical engineering teams, one team of mechanical engineering and 1 team of automation. Inside each team are present a PM of high experience and specialization and from 1 to 6 designers. The know-how acquired in the design and construction activities ensures modern technological realizations capable of maintaining very high standards as regards the quality of the products and the production times.
IMESA also has the following certification: CSQ
- UNI EN ISO 9001:2015
- UNI EN ISO 14001:2015
- OH SAS 18001:2017
- Conformity Certificates, environmental testing (shock and vibration), tests and trials: RINA, Der Norske Veritas, Lloyd's Register of Shipping, American Bureau Shipping.